Sunday, June 9, 2019

My Memories of Grandpa Fraser

I always enjoyed spending time with Grandpa.  He was so funny and teased us a lot.  I remember him sitting in his chair acting liking he wasn’t watching us walk by, then he would quickly reach out to catch and tickle us.  I loved playing catch and ice skating with him.  He could do spins, jumps, and fancy ice skating going forward and backward.  I remember watching him brush his teeth and admiring all of the foam on his mouth, and trying to do the same!  He taught me how to play double solitaire and I loved playing it with him, especially a great deal of the night on New Year’s Eve.  
We enjoyed trips in their RV to Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument.  They also took us to see the canyons in southern Utah.  
He was very smart and wrote so beautifully with either hand.  He and Grandma spent many hours doing genealogy and organizing family group sheets.  He created a perfect system of indexing the family group sheets so you could find anyone.  I remember sitting by them while they worked at it, falling in love with genealogy.  When they became too old to continue, they passed the records and ancestors’ histories on to me.  I’m so grateful to them for instilling my love for family history.
Grandpa Fraser and me at my wedding reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment